United Republicans of
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
In this time of moral and political crisis, it is our responsibility to affirm certain eternal truths.
As Republicans, we believe:
- God is the source of the rights and freedoms of the individual, and the primary responsibilty of government is to protect and preserve thse rights and freedoms.
- Faith in the individual is the true foundation of our national strength, and the proper function of government is to do for the people only those things that have to be done but cannot be done by the individuals for themselves.
- Freedom is not divisible, political freedom being dependent on economic freedom as the basis for individual choice and incentive in our econimic system, the greatest and most productive the world has even known.
- Complete centralizing of power destroys liberty and encourages tyranny, but dispersion and decentralization of governmental power ensure the freedom of each individual citizen.
- Prudent and responsible government fiscal policy and practice are essential to the economic and political well-being of the nation, state and individual,
- All men are possessed of equal human dignity and are entitled to equality under the law, with equality of both opportunity and responsibility.
- The threat of the evil of Communism must be met and overcome by a determination to achieve victory for the free way of life.
Adopted April 22, 1963